Thursday, March 19, 2009

Video Travel Souvenir of Liam and Corey's Irish American Roadtrip


I was thrilled when Liam and Corey, the hosts of the Irish Fireside Podcast, decided to stop by for a visit on their Irish-American Roadtrip. They zig-zagged West from Milwaukee in search of all things Irish on their winter travels.

They headed up to my home at Lake Tahoe for a special Celtic harp concert, chronicling their journey and visit with me in video. You can find these videos on their website, or on iTunes. But to make it easy for you, just click on the images below, and you’ll be taken to the YouTube Pages to view them.

Here is their visit with me, their 22nd Video from the Road. I give them a tour of the Celtic harp and you’ll see a casual little private concert of “Brian Boru’s March” as I play in the comfort of my own home. I even entertain them with a bit of Gershwin (yes, jazz can be played on a Celtic harp).




If that video wasn’t enough for you, here is an extended video that includes “Carrickfergus”, "Give Me Your Hand", and I accompanying Liam as he sings “She Moved Through the Fair”. Good stuff.



Here’s the bonus video: Liam and Corey’s trials and tribulations to get to my abode at Lake Tahoe in February. This part of the roadtrip, the 21st Video from the Road, includes fields, fruit trees, a snowy mountain road, and a run-in with the law.



Many thanks to Liam and Corey for making the trek to Tahoe to visit with me!

No comments: