Monday, February 16, 2009

A Visit from the Irish American Roadtrip Team

I was thrilled when Corey and Liam, hosts of the Irish Fireside Podcast, scheduled a visit with me on their Irish American Roadtrip on February 13, 2009. Here are some selected photos from their visit:

After slogging through snowy Sierra mountain roads to get to Tahoe, I treated Corey and Liam to a proper Irish tea, served on vintage Belleek china. The menu included Irish blondies, made with St. Brendan’s Irish Cream Liquor (you can find this recipe in the liner notes of my “Haste to the Wedding” CD). They also nibbled on my husband’s special recipe scones (you’ll have to email me for this recipe).
Then, we all piled into the Irish American Roadtrip official vehicle, a van named Fiona. Here, Liam gives up the “thumbs up” while snow continues to fall.

Later that evening, Anne played a few tunes on her harp and Liam sang along with “She Moved Through the Fair”--A private concert with a souvenir photo from their visit. (Listen to this tune on Anne’s "Haste to the Wedding” CD, too)

No comments: